Marguerite Gahagan Nature Preserve has numerous events during the year, including public education programs for all ages, environmental field trips for area schools, nature presentations by noted speakers, AuSable River water quality monitoring field days and more. Check out upcoming events through our calendar below:
- Multiple DatesWed, Dec 13RoscommonDec 13, 2023, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PMRoscommon, 606 Lake St, Roscommon, MI 48653, USAThank you for your interest in our Early Release Program! Program is located at the CRAF Center. Bussing is available for Roscommon Elementary students. Youth will participate in sports, nature games and crafts, and other recreational activities. Program intended for students grades 1-4.
- Multiple DatesFri, Jan 12Gahagan Nature PreserveJan 12, 2024, 10:30 AM – 11:15 AMGahagan Nature Preserve, 209 W Maplehurst, Roscommon, MI 48653, USAExplore the outdoors through a nature-inspired story and related activity at the Gahagan Nature Preserve! Program takes place on the first Friday of the month from 10:30-11:15am.
- Tue, Jan 16RoscommonJan 16, 2024, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMRoscommon, 209 W Maplehurst, Roscommon, MI 48653, USABird watching is a great year-round hobby, but can be especially enjoyable to liven up the cold winter months! Learn best practices for feeding birds in the wintertime, including how you can attract specific birds to your backyard by providing food, water or shelter.
- Multiple DatesSat, Jan 20Gahagan Nature PreserveJan 20, 2024, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AMGahagan Nature Preserve, 209 W Maplehurst, Roscommon, MI 48653, USAThe Gahagan Nature Preserve is home to a few forest community types, each with different types of trees. Tour the preserve on snowshoes and learn how to identify trees using features other than leaves. Open to all ages.
- Wed, Mar 06RoscommonMar 06, 2024, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMRoscommon, 209 W Maplehurst, Roscommon, MI 48653, USALearn all about how birds prepare for the feat of spring migration! After this educational presentation we will take to the trails to search for some charismatic birds who call the Preserve home – owls!